The Problem with Secularism
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Problem with Secularism is a book by Koenraad Elst.
- 1. US thinker gives unthinking support to anti-India demands: a reply to Robert Hathway.
- 2. "Indian secularism is systematically dishonest".
- 3. The Saffron Wave.
- 4. The struggle fir India's soul: A reply to Mira Kamdar.
- 5. Learning from Mahatma Gandhi's mistakes.
- 6. Religious cleasing of Hindus.
- 7. What if Rajiv Gandhi hadn't unlocked the Babri Masjid in 186?.
- 8. No Hindu justification for Islamic iconoclasm.
- 9. Wahi: the supernatural basis of Islam.
- 10. Let's combat communalism.
- 11. Dhimmitude in Eurabia'.
- 12. The case of M.F. Husain.
- 13. A Hindutva reader.
- Elst " The Problem with Secularism (Voice of India 2007): A collection of papers on Indian “secularism”. It contains rebuttals of cases made by Robert Hathaway, Mira Kamdar, Thomas Hansen, Ayub Khan and implicitly by the artist M.F. Husain. It contains a remarkable psychological analysis of Mohammed’s Quranic trance."
- Gandhi refused to see the realities of human nature; of Islamic doctrine with its ambition of domination; of the modern mentality with its resentment of autocratic impositions; of people's daily needs making them willing to collaborate with the rulers in exchange for career and business opportunities; of the nationalism of the Hindus who would oppose the partition of their Motherland tooth and nail; of the nature of the Pakistani state as intrinsically anti-India and anti-Hindu.
- It cannot be denied that Gandhian non-violence has a few successes to its credit. But these were achieved under particularly favourable circumstances: the stakes weren't very high and the opponents weren't too foreign to Gandhi's ethical standards.
- For a “less than patriotic record”, Mr. Khan may look to the Muslim League, which firmly collaborated with the British and received the overwhelming majority of the Muslim votes in the 1945-46 elections on the single-point programme of rejecting the secular state in favour of Islamic separatism. Elst, K. Let's combat communalism. in : Elst, Koenraad. The Problem with Secularism (2007)