K. D. Sethna
|Born||26 November 1904|
29 June 2011 (aged 106)|
Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry, India
|Pen name||Amal Kiran|
|Occupation||Poet, scholar, writer, philosopher, and cultural critic|
Kaikhosru Dadhaboy (K.D.) Sethna (26 November 1904 – 29 June 2011) was an Indian poet, scholar, writer, philosopher, and cultural critic. He published more than 40 books. He was also known as Amal Kiran.
Sethna studied at Bombay University and was one of Sri Aurobindo's earliest disciples, arriving at the Sri Aurobindo's ashram in 1927, at age 23, to take up the path of Integral Yoga under Sri Aurobindo and Mirra Alfassa. He was given the name Amal Kiran, or "Clear Ray," by Sri Aurobindo in 1930. His book of poems Inmost Beauty was published at 1933.
Sethna was born a Parsi-Zoroastrian, but discontinued its practice after becoming a disciple of Sri Aurobindo. He celebrated his 100th birthday in 2004. At the time of his death, at the age of 106, he was one of the world's oldest living authors.
- Amal Kiran, Light and Laughter
- ---- Talks on Poetry
- ---- India and the World Scene, ISBN 81-7060-118-5
- ---- The Indian Spirit and the World's Future, ISBN 81-7060-227-0
- Sethna, K.D., Altar and Flame
- ---- The Mother, Past-Present-Future, 1977
- ---- Obscure and the Mysterious
- ---- The Problem of Aryan Origins, 1980, 1992; ISBN 81-85179-67-0
- ---- Overhead Poetry
- ---- The Passing of Sri Aurobindo, 1951.
- ---- Sri Aurobindo on Shakespeare
- ---- Sri Aurobindo- The Poet
- ---- The Obscure and the Mysterious: A Research in Mallarmé's Symbolist Poetry
- ---- Teilhard de Chardin and Sri Aurobindo - a focus on fundamentals, Bharatiya Vidya Prakasan, Varanasi (1973)
- ---- The spirituality of the future : a search apropos of R. C. Zaehner's study in Sri Aurobindo and Teilhard de Chardin. Rutherford, [N.J.] London, Fairleigh Dickinson University Press; Associated University Presses. (1981)
- ---- The Vision and Work of Sri Aurobindo
- ---- Problems of Ancient India, 2000, New Delhi: Aditya Prakashan. ISBN 81-7742-026-7
- Karpāsa in prehistoric India : a chronological and cultural clue by K. D Sethna
- Ancient India in a new light by K. D Sethna
- The poetic genius of Sri Aurobindo by K. D Sethna
- Evolving India, essays on cultural issues by K. D Sethna(
- D.A. (Dec 6, 2004). "Celebrating a century: A genius celebrates his first hundred years". The Hindu. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Sri Aurobindo Society Newsletter February 2005
- The Miraculous Power of the Soul - A meeting with Amal Kiran, Pondicherry, by Craig Hamilton
- Contains a review of one of Sethna's books
- New Light on Ancient India: The Historical Vision of K.D. Sethna, 14-Aug-2005, Revolutionizing Ancient History: The Case of Israel and Christianity, 2-Oct-2005 by Pradip Bhattacharya, Boloji, retrieved April 4, 2013
- Science, Culture and Integral Yoga :: The Inspiration and Art of John Chadwick by Amal Kiran (KD Sethna)
- Science, Culture and Integral Yoga :: The Word: Two Poems—by KD Sethna (Amal Kiran) and by RY Deshpande
- K.D. Sethna (Amal Kiran) | Sri Chinmoy Reflections
- New Light on Ancient India: The Historical Vision of K.D. Sethna by Pradip Bhattacharya