2019 Delhi Temple attack
In June–July 2019, a quarrel over parking escalated in the communal clashes in the Hauz Qazi area of Chandni Chowk, Delhi, India. A temple was damaged during the course of events and police case was registered. The Aman Committee of the locality resolved the matter by declaring that the Muslim community will help rebuild the temple.
The dispute begun over the parking issue at 10:00 pm on 30 June 2019, which later turned into the communal clash.
A fruit vendor got into a disagreement with a local Muslim resident - Mohammad, over parking of the latter's motorcycle outside his house. According to the vendor's wife, he resisted his husband and was subsequently assaulted by a group of his friends.
The police from Hauz Qazi police station detained both, who registered First Information Reports (FIRs) against each other. Around 200 people gathered at the police station after rumours floated that Mohammad had died went viral on WhatsApp.The group attacked and vandalised a Durga temple; on 1 July, there were massive protests and stone pelting. Navbharat Times photographer Surender Kumar got injured.
Shops around Lal Kuan were shut down, and police restricted access to the temple. Police also restricted the entry of outsiders into the area from Chandni Chowk and Chawri Bazar. Several companies from Delhi Police and Central Reserve Police Force were deployed to the area to maintain peace. The police had called the religious leaders from both communities to defuse the situation.
Delhi Police arrested three who were accused of involvement in the temple attack on 2 July 2019. The Aman Committee of the locality resolved the matter by declaring that the Muslim community will help rebuild the temple.
On 3rd July 2019, a Public Intrest Litigation was filed by an advocate, Alakh Alokh Shrivatsava in Delhi court. Petitioner sought the constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) which should be duly monitored by Court to thoroughly investigate the alleged conspiracy behind the attack and to identify the real perpetrators of the clash.
Abhishek Manu Singhvi, spokeperson of Indian National Congress has blamed the central government of India over no action in the incident yet. Also, he alleged that government doesn’t care about the majority sentiments. 
Imam of Old Delhi’s Fatehpuri mosque, Mufti Mukarram, called upon Muslims and the members of the Residents’ Welfare Association to compensate for losses incurred to the temple and asked to maintain peace. On 2 July 2019, Indian Parliamentarian from Chandni Chowk and Union minister Harsh Vardhan visited the temple and requested people to maintain peace and harmony.
- Mamtany, Sidhant (2019-07-01). "100-year-old Chandni Chowk temple vandalised; What we know so far". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- DelhiJuly 1, Press Trust of India New; July 1, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 20:38. "Temple vandalised, old Delhi tense after clashes". India Today. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- Jul 2, Somreet Bhattacharya | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 11:08. "Delhi: Hauz Qazi tense after communal clashes | Delhi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Hauz Qazi clashes: 3 arrested, MP Harsh Vardhan appeals for harmony". The Asian Age. 2019-07-02. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- न्यूज़, एबीपी (2 July 2019). "दिल्ली: मंदिर में तोड़फोड़ का मामला सुलझा, अमन कमेटी की बैठक में हुआ तय- मुस्लिम वर्ग बनाएगा मंदिर". abpnews.abplive.in (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "दिल्ली उच्च न्यायालय में मंदिर हमले की निगरानी जांच के लिए याचिका". Quint Hindi. 2019-07-03. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- ANI (2019-07-03). "PIL in Delhi court seeking SIT probe in Chandni Chowk temple desecration". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- DelhiJuly 3, India Today Web Desk New; July 3, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 10:28. "Delhi temple attack: Does BJP not care about Hindus, asks Congress". India Today. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "बीजेपी सरकार को बहुसंख्यकों की भावनाओं की भी नहीं है फिक्र: अभिषेक मनु सिंघवी". Zee News Hindi. 2019-07-03. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- Staff, Scroll. "‘Vandalising temple condemnable, urge Muslims to help rebuild it’: Shahi Imam of Old Delhi mosque". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Harsh Vardhan visits vandalised temple in Delhi, appeals residents to maintain harmony | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com". DNA India. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Hauz Qazi clashes: 3 arrested for vandalising temple; Harsh Vardhan calls act ‘unforgivable’, appeals people to maintain harmony in area". Firstpost. Retrieved 2019-07-02.