2015 Rampur riot
The 2015 Rampur riot took place in Kupgaon under Milak Kotwali police station in the Rampur district of Uttar Pradesh. The riot started after cows belonging to Hindu community entered the fields belonging to Muslim community which destroyed their crops.
Later on some people fired on a religious site killing a 15-year-old boy Sanju Rathore. Three cops were suspended for not taking appropriate action. According to report the mob was instigated with a loudspeaker to avenge the destruction of crops in the fields by cows belonging to Hindus. Police arrested the culprits whose firing led to the death of Sanju Rathore.
It was reported that many people left the village due to fear of further violence. The boy was shot when he was cleaning the temple premises. After the death both communities clashed with each other and burned shops. However Aaj Tak reported that the riots started due to accusation of stealing cattles. After the riots, police searched homes and took the school students to their homes.
- "After the shoot teenager two mejority in front of in Rampur 12664118". Jagran.com. 2015-07-29. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Rampur communal clash: Boy succumbs to bullet injuries". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Boy dies in Rampur communal clashes". Yahoo News India. 2000-01-14. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "15-year-old boy dies in Rampur communal clashes : Mail Today, News". India Today. 2015-07-31. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "one-died-in-uttar-pradesh-communal-riot-in-rampur". Harit Khabar (in हिन्दी). 2015-07-29. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "communal clash claims one life in rampur". Aaj Tak TV Hindi News (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Communal clash between two groups after young man killed rampur". Bhaskar.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "यूपी: दो समुदाय आपस में भिड़े, एक की मौत | Live India". Liveindiahindi.com (in हिन्दी). 2015-07-30. Retrieved 2016-01-19.